A few months back, I got in contact with Go Max Go Foods after randomly receiving one of their candy bars as a gift from a patron at a restaurant I was dining at. This girl at the restaurant had ordered an entire box of Twilight candy bars and was handing them out at the restaurant. She must have felt really nice that day.
When I contacted Go Max Go Foods to tell them how awesome their candy bars are (and to recommend a few potential retailers to them), they offered to send me one of each candy bar to share with my blog readers! …more generosity…
All of the candy bars are 100% vegan, made without the use of GMO’s, and 6 out of 7 are gluten-free! Plus, these candy bars don’t lack flavor – they are just as good if not better than any candy bar out there. See if you can guess which “regular” candy bars each of these mocks.
SNAP!™ Candy Bar
— crisped rice in a rice-milk chocolatey coating.
Buccaneer™ Candy Bar
— a chocolatey nougat in a rice-milk chocolatey coating.
Cleo’s™ Peanut Butter Cups
— creamy peanut butter in a rice-milk chocolatey coating.
Twilight™ Candy Bar
— caramel and chocolatey nougat in a rice-milk chocolatey coating.
Mahalo™ Candy Bar
— coconut & almonds in a rice-milk chocolatey coating.
Thumbs Up™ Candy Bar
— a crunchy, peanut buttery center in a rice-milk chocolatey coating.
Jokerz™ Candy Bar
— peanuts, caramel, and nougat in a rice-milk chocolatey coating.
I found a recipe for a milkshake / blizzard on Go Max Go’s blog and I’ve recreated the recipe twice using two different candy bars (Jokerz & Buccaneer). This is definitely the best way to enjoy these candy bars in my opinion.
a vegan Ice Cream Blizzard
Author: peace. love. quinoa.
- 2 cups non-dairy ice cream
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 Go Max Go candy bar of choice, chopped
- Combine the ice cream and milk in a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Add the chopped candy bar and pulse until is evenly distributed throughout the blizzard and the pieces are chopped to your liking.
There are 3 ways you can win these candy bars:
1. Follow peace. love. quinoa on Facebook and post your favorite recipe from the PLQ FOOD archives. Be sure to tag and hashtag @peace. love. quinoa #peacelovequinoa in your post.
2. Share this vegan Ice Cream Blizzard recipe on Facebook, tell your friends which Go Max Go Foods candy bar you would use in the blizzard. Be sure to tag and hashtag @peace. love. quinoa #peacelovequinoa in your post.
3. Share a recipe or a post from the peace. love. quinoa Facebook page and ask your friends to follow peace. love. quinoa.
To be sure I see your post, I recommend you leave a link in the comments of this post.
The winner of this giveaway will be chosen and notified on May 18.
If you are interested in purchasing these candy bars, Go Max Go’s website lists out all of the locations where their candy bars are sold. Luckily, there is a vegan market (NOOCH) within walking distance of my home that sells these candy bars, so I’ve got easy access.
Tagged with → Blizzard • candy • candy bar • Colorado • Denver • giveaway • Go Max Go • ice cream • NOOCH • recipe • vegan
easy peasy Pea Hummus Deviled Avocados