Not long ago, I found myself in the kitchen of a single bachelor vegan dude who doesn’t know how to cook and for some reason I took it upon myself to make an attempt at teaching him how to cook a meal. It was a little nerve-racking to decide what meal to make because I had no idea what he had in his pantry/refrigerator at the time.
We ended up making a this super simple (well, I think it’s super simple – he didn’t) pasta + kale dish. You should have seen him in the kitchen (GUYS!)…. unsure of what to do with the linguine noodles after they were finished cooking – it was hilarious. Anyway, we had a lot of fun making this tasty one-dish meal.
Making this meal taught me a big lesson: when you are teaching a man to cook, you have got to keep it simple.
Garlicky Pasta with Kale, Tomato, & Thyme
Author: peace. love. quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound linguine noodles, cooked al dente
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4-5 cups kale, de-stemmed
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance vegan butter
- sea salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2-3 tablespoons Rawmesan (vegan parmesan substitute)
- First, begin cooking the linguine noodles in a large pot.
- While the linguine noodles cook, heat the olive oil in a large, deep pan.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the kale leaves and toss them with the garlic and oil.
- Toss the kale every 20-30 seconds for about 5 minutes and then add the fresh thyme and cherry tomatoes.
- Continue tossing the ingredients until the tomatoes are heated through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast to taste.
- Before combining the kale mixture with the pasta, toss the past with the Earth Balance vegan butter.
- Serve warm, top with Rawmesan if you choose.
You can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free noodles.
If you are adding Rawmesan to this recipe, you can use less salt.
Tagged with → kale • past • rawmesan • recipe • vegan • vegetarian
25 Vegetarian Meal Ideas Eating Out as a Vegetarian in Omaha, NE