When I was in Denver, during the snow storm, I wrote a post listing off a few items I would stock in the house if there were ever a chance I might get snowed in – quinoa & fresh fruit were on that list. Well I had those items on hand in the apartment during the snow storm, and I was so happy to finally find the exact perfect morning to finally make this warm & fragrant Apple Pie Quinoa Breakfast Bowl – I’ve been eyeing this recipe for months.
Apple Pie Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Author: peace. love. quinoa
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked in water
- 1 large apple, diced (I used Honeycrisp)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- In a small saucepan, warm the almond milk over medium heat.
- When the milk is almost at a boil, stir in the cooked quinoa, apple, and cinnamon.
- Stir occasionally until the almond milk is absorbed and the mixture has a consistency similar to oatmeal. (about 10-15 minutes dependent on desired thickness)
- Remove from heat and stir in the agave nectar.
- Top with additional cinnamon to taste.
- Serve warm.
Tagged with → apple pie • breakfast • brunch • gluten-free • quinoa • recipe • sweet • sweets • vegan • vegetarian
airbnb: a Vintage Decor Apartment Mountains Were Made To Move You