If you’re American, there is no doubt that you will be involved in a celebration on Thursday, Independence Day. This country is obsessed with red, white, and blue this time of year, and I’m certainly no exception. Watermelon just so happens to be (red) AND one of my all-time favorite foods to eat during the summer. Because it’s naturally sweet, you don’t have to add sugar or sweeteners to make it an enjoyable treat.
Using only 3 ingredients, these little watermelon shooters are quick & easy to make. (no one wants to spend time crafting cocktails during prime daylight hours when they could be in the pool or the lake.) Serve these shooters poolside, next to the keg stand OR you could very easily make these while on a camping trip, at the lake, or on a picnic if you pureed the watermelon ahead of time and stored it in a cooler alongside the berry soda.
What you need:
- 1/4 seedless watermelon, chopped
- 1 can Berry LaCroix Soda, chilled
- handful of blueberries, washed
- shooter glasses (any small glass or shot glass will work)
What you do:
- Puree the watermelon in a blender.
- Put 2-3 pieces of ice in each shooter glass.
- Fill each glass half full with the watermelon puree, then fill the rest of the glass with the berry soda.
- Top with fresh blueberries.
- Serve immediately.
Do you remember the ice cream man? I used to get that ice cream cone (or was it a slushie??) that had a gumball at the bottom. Well, one of the best part about these shooters are the little blueberries that fall to the bottom.
And for the record, this beverage does not have to be served in shooter glasses. You could serve these in tall glasses if that’s what makes you happy.