Today is National Watermelon Day!
In celebration, I made this sweet and savory gazpacho to enjoy on the outdoor patio this evening. No other fruit says summer like the sweet, crunchy, cooling fruit watermelon.
Author: peace. love. quinoa
- ½ medium sized watermelon, seeded & diced
- 3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- cilantro, minced
- fresh ginger, about 1 inch, peeled & minced
- jalapeno, minced
- juice from 2 limes
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Put half of the chopped watermelon in to a blender or food processor and pulse until it is a soupy consistency.
- Put the rest of he ingredients in to a large bowl, then pour the watermelon soup over the ingredients, and stir.
- Refrigerate until cold, and serve.
There is no right or wrong way to make this gazpacho, add all of your ingredients to your taste preference. Here are a few other ingredients you can add to your gazpacho if you so desire: chopped celery, strawberries, chopped onion, shallots, or mint, or basil. If there is an ingredient you are not crazy about, don’t add it.
Tagged with → food • gazpacho • gluten-free • National Watermelon Day • raw • recipe • soup • vegan • watermelon
Molly’s Cupcakes I want to shed 5 pounds …quickly