Marinated Broccoli & MushroomsPosted: August 7, 2012
I have mentioned my new commitment to eating raw a minimum of 3 days a week.
I’ve already made this salad twice this week because it’s tasty and filling, it also curbs my salt craving. Currently, it is my favorite raw food dish.
Marinated Broccoli & Mushrooms
What you need:
- a head of broccoli
- 15-20 mushrooms, variety of your choice
- 10-15 brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- dash of paprika
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- sea salt & pepper to taste
What you do:
- Chop the broccoli & mushrooms in to bite sized pieces. Chop the brussel sprouts so that they are shredded.
- Whisk together the olive oil, agave, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika to make your marinade. Add more or less of ingredients to satisfy your own taste.
- Put the vegetables in a container that will seal shut. Pour the marinade over the top, close the container, and shake well so that the ingredients are well coated. Put in the fridge overnight to marinate.
- OPTIONAL: An hour before serving, dehydrate on teflex or parchment paper for an hour.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and a pinch of red pepper flakes before serving.
♥ ♥ ♥
The second time I made this dish, I added cauliflower to my veggie mix and it was amazing!