FINALLY, it feels like spring. THAT makes me excited. You know what else makes me excited? The cute little Easter basket I made for my 2 year old niece…. aaaand the multi-colored carrots I found at the grocery store.*smiles* Just like a little bunny, my boyfriend LOVES to munch on raw carrots – he’s already laid his eyes on my multi-colors.
Lately I’ve been craving colorful foods, so I decided to make this beautiful coleslaw. I used the Nayonaise that was sent to me for sampling along with brussels sprouts, a pear, and colorful carrots Each of these ingredients came together to make a dish perfect for spring holidays and potlucks.
Author: peace. love. quinoa
- 5 cups purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, grated or finely chopped
- 1 cup of brussels sprouts, finely chopped
- 1 pear, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced or fresh squeezed
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Nayonaise (vegan mayo)
- ½ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Toss all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate at least one hour prior to serving.
If you’re looking for me today, I’ll be out on the patio with a bowl of this coleslaw and a refreshing blood orange spritzer.
Tagged with → Cabbage • coleslaw • Cooking • Easter • gluten-free • holiday • Nayonaise • raw • recipe • recipes • spring • vegan • vegetarian
*sparkling blood orange spritzer* Outdoor Season / Farmers Market