Are you drooling at the sight of this Bread Pudding?
I thought so. It’s gooooood.
Eggnog Cream Sauce drizzled over this Bread Pudding makes this dish perfect for the holiday season.
The big question is: Would you eat this for breakfast or dessert or both?
I say both.
- 1 loaf whole wheat/grain bread (vegan and/or gluten-free), cubed
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the over to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond milk, flax seed, cinnamon, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
- In another bowl, pour the wet mixture over the cubed bread and toss.
- Line a baking dish with vegan butter or non-stick spray then evenly layer the bread mixture in to the dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is brown and crispy.
- Drizzle with Eggnog Cream Sauce (recipe follows) and serve.
- 1½ cup (12 fluid ounces) eggnog
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan.
- Over medium to high heat, bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Boil for one minute until sauce thickens, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Store excess in the fridge.
I made this dish vegan by using a vegan bread and vegan Eggnog however you can choose whatever type of bread you’d like to use (gluten-free is a possibility) and you can use dairy Eggnog if that’s your jam. If you like nuts and/or raisins in your bread pudding, then add them. If you don’t, then don’t add them.
When you make that Eggnog Cream Sauce, make extra. It’s delicious over Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast…