OMG, is this REAL?
Chocolate + Hazelnut + Butter. + Banana + Coconut + Oatmeal
Like, seriously? Does it get any more dreamy than that?
Breakfast or Dessert? Or Both?
This combination of ingredients almost never even happened because I originally had peanut butter on my mind.
((peanut butter + oatmeal = tasty))
Quite frankly, I wasn’t very happy to discover that I had run out of peanut butter and had none available for my oatmeal that morning….
but then… I rediscovered the Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter in my cabinet. I added it to my oatmeal in place of the peanut butter and created this heavenly breakfast (dessert). It was so darn rich that I could only eat half the amount of oatmeal in one sitting than what is typical. Good and worth it.
I used Justins Chocolate Hazelnut Butter but if you don’t have that you could make this oatmeal with hazelnut butter and a few dark chocolate chips. (I don’t think that would suck)
- 1 cup steele cut oats, cooked
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons Chocolate Hazelnut Butter (or hazelnut butter + dark chic chips)
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 banana, sliced
- a pinch or two of dried coconut flakes
- In a small saucepan, warm the steele cut oats in almond milk over medium heat until the oats have absorbed the milk.
- Add the butter, agave nectar, and Chocolate Hazelnut butter to the oats. Stir until combined.
- Top with banana and dried coconut flakes and serve immediately.